Head and Neck Dissection Course: An anatomical reappraisal and hands on cadaver workshop
BAU Head and Neck Dissection Course: An anatomical reappraisal and hands on cadaver workshop
This two-day intensive Head and Neck Dissection Course will be hold under the direction of the Anatomy Department of the Bahçeşehir University School of Medicine. This workshop will emphasize topographic anatomy of the Head and Neck Region focusing on parotid region, temporomandibular joint and pterygopalatine fossa. A major feature is to investigate the anatomy relevant to clinical procedures. Lectures will cover the theoretical background and frame the individual dissection sessions. This course is designed to give maximal exposure of the faculty to the participants in the anatomy lab, with ample time to learn the details of the topographical aspects of aforementioned body parts. It is appropriate for surgeons in training for ENT surgery, plastic and aesthetic surgery, maxillofacial surgery, anatomy PhD students , medical and dentistry students who need further evaluation of head and neck region. The official course language is English.
1. Visualization of parotid region and facial structures topographically.
2. Exploration of infratemporal fossa and pterygopalatine fossa with emphasizes on maxillary artery, vein, and pterygoid venous plexus
3. Visualization of the TM joint’s anatomy and observe the motion of the condyle and the disc in relation to muscles of mastication
Dissection of the different structures will include the following:
Parotid gland, parotid duct with facial nerve sparing
External carotid artery and its terminal branches (superficial temporal and maxillary arteries)
Retromandibular vein and related veins
Submandibular gland, submandibular duct, hypoglossal nerve
Muscles of facial expression
Infraorbital and mental nerves
Muscles of mastication
Temporomandibular joint, temporomandibular disc
Pterygopalatine fossa and related nerves and vessels
Inferior and superior alveolar nerves and vessels
Stylomandibular ligament, styloid process and related ligaments
During the course we have two dissection sessions on Saturday and Sunday in the afternoon. Two participants share one cadaver. You can assist each other. We provide instruments for dissection.
General information :
- The training will be in English.
- The price includes transportation between Airport-Hotel .
- There is just 4 Available Seats.
- 1.000$ .
How To Apply :
- Please send us your CV on our Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write on the email title : ( Head and Neck Dissection Course ).
- Note: You have to send 10% from the fees during the application period to confirm your seat .
- We will send to you Invitation letter to apply for Visa .
- Local 4 stars hotel accommodation is available for those who require it, it cost 40$ / day with breakfast .
- Note : We will receive all the participants in the Airport .
Tour in Istanbul :
The price include 1 Day tour for the most important sites in Istanbul .
By the end of the course you will get certificate from the host university
-If you have any inquiries regarding Fellowships , Medical Courses , Observership , Internship and Elective in Turkey , please contact us through the following Email.
Alsir for Health Services Ltd. Co.
Dr. Mohamed Alsir